来源：英语阅读 发布时间：2023-09-15 点击：
If you go into the forests with friends, stay with them. If you don"t ,you may get lost. If you doget lost, this is what you should do.
Sit down and stay where you are. Don"t try to find your friends. Let them find you. You can helpthem to find you by staying in one place.
There is another way to help your friends or other people to find you. Give them a signal byshouting or whistling three times. Stop. Then shout or whistle three times again. Any signalgiven three times is a call for help.
Keep on shouting or whistling, always three times together. When people hear you, they willgive two shouts or two whistles. When a signal is given twice, it is an answer to a call for help.If you don"t think that you will get help before night comes, try to make a small room withbranches.
What should you do if you get hungry or need to drink water? You would have to leave yourlittle branch room to look for something to eat and drink. Don"t just walk away. Drop smallbranches as you walk so that you can find your way back.
The most important thing to do when you are lost -- stay in one place.
56. If you get lost in the forests, you should walk everywhere to find your friends as soon aspossible.
57. You can keep on shouting or whistling always three times together for help.
58. When you hear two shouts or whistles, you know that people will come to help you.
59. You can"t go anywhere even when you feel thirsty or hungry.
60. You can find your way back to your branch room easily without leaving any branches as youwalk.
Even a child knows that nodding the head means" Yes". But some people will probably bepuzzled when they first come to India. When they talk to an Indian, he often shakes his head.They might think that the Indian does not like what he said, but on the contrary, he isexpressing agreement.
The Indians have a habit of shaking their heads slightly when they talk to somebody. It doesn"tmean" No", but" Yes".
If a person doesn"t know this, it might cause misunderstanding.
At one time a foreigner in India told his driver who was an Indian to take him to his office. Thedriver shook his head. The foreigner said his request again and the driver still shook his head.At last, the foreigner shouted angrily, “Drive me to my office at once!” The driver said in a lowvoice," Yes, sir, "smiling and shaking his head again at the same time.
61. In general, nodding the head means_____and shaking the head means_____
A. Yes"..." No" B. "No"..." Yes" C. "Yes"..." Yes" D. "No"..." No"
62. According to the habit of India, if someone agrees with you, he will ______
A. nod his head B. shake his head
C. neither nod his head nor shake his head D. both nod his head and shake his head
63. Why did the Indian driver shake his head when the foreigner asked him to drive him to his
A. the Indian driver had something important to do
B. the foreigner agreed to give him only a little money
C. the driver felt uncomfortable at that time
D. in India shaking the head means agreement
64. The foreigner became angry because_______.
A. the Indian driver didn"t want to send him to his office
B. he misunderstood the meaning of shaking the head in India
C. he asked the driver to send him to his office,but the driver didn"t say any words
D. the Indian driver asked him for a lot of money
65. The phrase" on the contrary" means_____.
A. 正相反 B. 总之 C. 与之相同 D. 在另一方面